Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The NBA. Where "Loyalty Means Nothing" Happens

The Story according to TNT:



This is just disgusting to me. They had really better not call themselves the "SuperSonics". I mean, what is wrong with the people of Oklahoma City that they are actually supporting and/or going along with this move? What is wrong with the other NBA Owners that they approved it? What is wrong with David Stern? And how long until you think we get another SuperSonics franchise back in Seattle? It has to happen, right? I mean, it just has to. I can't even imagine watching Kobe and the guys play for the Kansans City Lakers. Nor the Sacremento Dodgers.


That last scene is F*ing Amazing.

Some moves are good moves. The Grizzlies should have left Vancouver. The Nets are going to Brooklyn year after next - Fine. It's not really that far and it's actually kind of cool. The Hornets seemed to be yanked away from Charlotte, but honestly, Charlotte didn't support them that much those last 6 years or so. This is like watching the Warriors get pulled out of Oakland and land somewhere like... Cheyenne Wyoming. It doesn't even make BUSINESS sense!



I've lost a little... No, I've lost a LOT of respect for the NBA. I don't even know if I can watch it with the same childlike enthusiasm I once watched with. Even if the Lakers win the Championship OVER the Celtics and the Knicks are fun to watch again; Even if the post-up game returns and the illegal defense rules are modified to make more sense; even if Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Howard, Paul, T. Parker, Durant, Oden, Mayo, Bynum, Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, D. Williams, etc. make the 2010s as much fun as Jordon, Pippen, Shaq, Olajuwon, the Hardaways, Robinson, Payton, Kemp, Malone, Stockon et al. made the 90s, I'll say "This is Great!", or "It's FAAAAANTASTIC", or "I Love This Game", or "Where Amazing Happens" or whatever it is with a grain of salt... nah, with a big LUMP of salt. Because in the back of my mind, I'll always think "The NBA Did let Clay Bennet Steal the Supersonics away from Seattle."

April 13th, 2008. The last home game for the Seattle Supersonics?


No comments: