Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Best Playoffs Ever?

For all the talk about how great this playoffs is going to be, 7 of the 8 series are 2-0. The only lower seed to win a game so far has been Philadelphia over Detroit. And It really looks to me like that one is going to end up being 4-1. In the west, though, the only series that looks close is SAS/Suns. And the Spurs are up 2-0 in that one!

I guess I can't complain too much, though. That just means that teams have won at home (except Utah which is the higher seed because they won their mediocre division, but has a worse record than Houston, who has home court advantage because of a better record but who is still expected to lose because they lost All Star Center Yao Ming to injury a While Back - Whoa, big parenthetical note). To be fair, I guess the Nuggets Lakers games have been pretty close for about 2.5 quarters of each game. And You know Dallas is going to play better at home. Utah was 37-4 at home this season, so the Rockets might be the only casualty of a sweep this year. We'll see what happens after game threes start tonight.

Speaking of Game threes, does anybody know if Brian Cook is still alive? I'm not saying that getting him was a bad trade for the Magic - I mean, they did get Maurice Evans out of the deal and they got rid of Trevor Ariza, an athletic defensive-minded swing man that Stan Van Gundy somehow couldn't find PT for. But I think when you hear that a guy is 6'10" and can shoot over 40% from 3 point range, you tend to get delusions of grandeur. Then you get him on your team and realize "Hey, I've got Brian Cook on my team! How the hell did that happen?"

No comments: