Thursday, June 5, 2008

Blogging the Finals - Game 1

I'm talking on the phone with my brother right now. He asked what I mean by blogging the game. This is where I watch the game and post on my blog intermittently while watching the game. You'll hear some of the little things involved with the game, the telecast, the people I'm watching the game with... pretty much whatever I'm doing while watching the game, If I find it interesting enough to tell somebody, I'll type it and you'll read about it.

6:02, they just finished the introductions and now ABC is showing a really cheesy intro graphic... actually, it's kind of cool. A virtual walk through the hallway and onto the court while seeing images from some of the past 65 NBA Champions.

6:04, Mike Breen (SP?) has a band-aid over his left eye. I can only imagine that Mark Jackson Punched him for stealing his lunch money.

...The Coaches' pre-game speeches really define the differences between their styles. While PJ is busy telling the team about how Boston likes to get off to fast starts, Doc is babbling about "tri-angulation"??? and trying not to look into the camera as he talks, kind of like people that real world cast members visit for the first time since they've been on the show. They know they're not supposed to look into the camera and they're supposed to act normal, but neither really happens.

6:20...OK, I like Derek Fisher. I like him a LOT!!! But let's do the math, shall we, Mark Jackson? We'll use a 10 point to negative 10 point scale. You take away Smush Parker, who is at best a 2, at worst, a negative 4 and add D-Fish, who is at worst a 3 and at best a 6. Take away Smush and add D-Fish you get between a +1 and a +8. But you take away Kwame Brown (-3 to -7) and add Pau Gasol (+6 to +8) and you get anywhere from a +9 to a +15. The Pau trade was definitely more important!

6:24...OK, Garnet just put the Celtics up 12-10 on a series of great post-up moves that ended up with a near dunk that ended up being a goal tend on Odom. But he went toward the basket. Twice now. I GUARANTEE that he won't do that in a close fourth quarter, especially in an elimination game. But not even tonight. Mark my words.


...OK, my bad. I haven't posted anything since halfway through the first quarter. The Lakers are about to lose now which of course makes my prediction incorrect. But I still believe that the Lakers can win in 6. It helps to have three straight in Los Angeles.

Singing off.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Am I the only one reading this right now?

Unknown said...

Today is an extremely saddening day. For the first time in since he played in NC, I would like nothing better than to see J.S. get dismantled by KB23. Though still my favorite player in the league, my Loyalty to him can never surpass my DEVOTION to the LOS ANGELES LAKERS!!!

(It also helps that my second and third favorite players are KB23 and D-FISH)

Unknown said...

WOosssshhh!!!

That is the sound of the wind being let out of the celtic bubble that the boston fans until they started beating themselves up!

That was a front by pierce to try turn the tide of the game through player motivation.. That's bad juju and it WILL not work.

We are LosAngelinos and were we come from people fake injuries to get ahead all the time. (thats why we all carry neck braces in the backseat of our cars... You hit me, I am sueing!!!)

Bad celtics, bad jooju, just plain bad.

The Guru said...

Umm... I think his number is 24

JCTELL said...

I am wagging my head in shame at what just transpired in these comments...I can't believe that I know basketball better than my husband...